Tis the season for Christmas brunches, lunches and dinners. Here is a list of Christmas menus from all around BC including Vancouver, Whistler and Okanagan, BC. Check out some Holiday events and activities around town and if your can’t think of what to give for that hard to gift person, check out these gift ideas.
Sutton Place Hotel
Prices start from $39 – 70
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
December 2nd to 24th
- Festive Lunch Buffet – $45 ,
- Festive Afternoon Tea – $49
- Turkey To Go
- Christmas Eve Dinner Buffet – $109
- Christmas Day Brunch Buffet – $99
- Christmas Day Dinner Buffet – $129
Christmas Lunch at Grouse Mountain
La Pentola Crafted Holiday Cocktails and Dinners
Dec – 24 – 26, New Years
Kits Daily Festive Lunch and Dinner
Aura Restaurant, Nita Lake Lodge – Whistler
Dec 24 – 25
Miku Restaurant, Waterfront Whistler
Diva At The Met
Dinners are available on Christmas Day and Christmas Eve, price not published
Yew Seafood and Bar
Christmas Eve and Day
Hawksworth Holiday Tasting Menu Hotel Georgia
From Dec 25 – 30
Dockside “Twelve Days of Turkey”
From Dec 25 – 30
- Lunch: Chilled Roast Turkey Breast and Thigh on all-butter croissant with cranberry mayonnaise, shaved romaine, maple bacon and sliced gruyere. Served with dockside warm caesar salad $17
- Dinner: Roasted Turkey Breast and Leg with apricot – cranberry stuffing, herbed pan gravy. crispy potato cake, charred tomato and broccolini. glazed yam and house cranberry $29
- Christmas Brunch Buffet – 59.95
- Chef’s special Christmas buffet $70
From Dec 25 – 30
Urban Tea Merchant
From Dec 25 – 30
Christmas in Vancouver: Menu & Events 2013
Santa came early this year and compiled a list of Christmas Menus, Events, Activities and a list of Gift Ideas for the hard to please specially for you. He doesn’t want you to be knocked off the good list because you tried to bribe and blackmail your way to a reservation for a last minute Christmas dinner party.
**Elves Status Report**
The elves are working hard, dispatching and rounding up Christmas events, activities, menus and coming up with an awesome list of gift ideas. For more click the icons below
Food Persuasion Holiday 2012 Holiday Menus Guide
Food Persuasion’s annual 2012 Vancouver Holiday Menus Guideis here featuring Christmas brunches, lunches, dinners and buffets. This is still a work in progress, if you would like to add your Holiday menu on this list please email email@example.com or through the comment section. New this year is my Turkey To Go Section.
|Fairmont Vancouver – Hotel Vancouver, Griffins
- Nutcracker Tea – $59
- Countdown to Christmas Dinner: December 2 to 23, 4:30 pm to 9 pm – 10pm Friday and Saturday -$52
- Griffins Festive Luncheon Buffet -$44, excludes Dec 25
- Christmas Eve Menu – -$85
Reservations at Hotel Vancouver Festive Dining Events
|Sutton Place Hotel
|Yew Restaurant – Four Seasons Hotel Kids under 6 eat free, Children 6 – 12 will receive 50% off the set menu
Reservations at (604) 689-9333
| Fairmont Pacific Rim – Oru, Giovane
They don’t have their menu’s up on the their website yet. I took screenshots of the menu, if you require a PDF copy please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reservations Miranda Lee, Festive Desk 604.695.5332
|Bacchus at Wedgewood Hotel
Reservations at Festive Desk at 604-689-7777 ext. 5210, or email@example.com
|West Restaurant Holiday menu available all December except 24 and 25th
- Holiday Lunch: 3 course -$35
- Christmas Tasting Menu -$75
Reservations: Owen Knowlton 604 738 8938, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Araxi – Whistler **Deal Alert**
Reservations Neil Henderson at 604 932 4540, email@example.com
|The Oakwood – Kitsilano
Reservations 604 558 1965
|Glowbal Group Coast
Black and Blue
|The Secret Garden
Reservations by phone only 604-298-4278
|Turkey To GoComes with additional turkey dinner trimmings
- Sutton Place –$325, turkey is approximately 18lbs, order by Dec 22.
- Fairmont Vancouver Hotel Vancouver-$295, serves 6-8 guests
- Whole Foods: Holiday catering service, vegetable lasagna runs around $60
2012 Holiday Menu is Now Up…
To help you get started on your 2011 Christmas festivities I’ve created a list featuring Christmas brunch and dinner menus. This is a working progress, if you have any recommendations please send them to me in the comments section.
|Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver
4 course $85 *kids receive 50% discount
Set Menus $55.88 – $95.88
|Teahouse in Stanley Park
3 course $60 *2 hour seating between 5 – 8PM. Festive Decorations and carolers
| Hart House
3 – 5 set course $38, $62, $82 *Restricted seating times
4 course set menu for $45, Canapes service $2.50 /piece
|The Westin Grand Hotel – Hidden ***DEAL ALERT***
Dec 10 – 25, 2011
|Sutton Place Hotel
|Fairmont Pan Rim, Giovanne Cafe, Lobby Lounge, ORU
|Hyatt Hotel Vancouver Downtown – Mosaic
December 5th thru 31st from 5-11pm $32 – 47
If you are planning a corporate of private party, consider a set menu such as the two, four-course examples shown below. They will also be open Christmas Eve (Dec 24) and Boxing Day (Dec 26), offering regular dinner service.
|Cloud 9 Restaurant
Please read the notes, there are limitations on weekends and on other holiday days
- Daily Holiday Menu Holiday prix fixe 3 course $34.95,
fridays & saturdays: $39.95, not valid for december 23, 24, 25 & 31
- Daily Holiday Menu December 23 & 24:5:30 pm – 9:30 pm, December 25: 1st Seating: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm, 2nd Seating: 8:00 pm – 10:00
|Pan Pacific & Five Sails
Presenting a full Holiday calendar, the Pan Pacific has an event almost daily. Full listing of Pan Pacific lunch and dinner events listed here
- Winter Solstice Luncheon – $52 December 9th, 14th, 15th & 16th
- Opera Angels Heard on High – $68 Friday, December 9 & 16 and Saturday December 10 & 17
- Santa’s Sunday Brunch – $69 Sundays, December 4,11, & 18
- T’was the Night Before Christmas – $99 December 24th
- Christmas at Home -16 lb. Turkey: $ 440 (serves up to 12 guests)
|Glowbal Group Festive Menus
Menus only available for large groups
- Glowbal Bar and Grill 3 course set menus from 35 – 65
- Coast 3 -4 course set lunches $39 – 69, 3 -5 course set dinners $55 – 75
- Sanafir 3 -4 course festive dinner menu $35 – 65
- Italian Kitchen 3- 4course lunch menu $35-60, 3 -4 course festive dinner menu $35 -52
- Trattoria 3course festive dinner menu $35 – 45
- Black and Blue 3 course lunch menu $50-90, 4 course festive dinner menu $55 -125
|Bacchus – Wedgewood Hotel
|Blue Water Cafe
- Festive Brunch 3 – 4 course $45 – 109. *Special offer a 10% discount on group menus from $55.00 per person
Food Persuasion finally broke 1000 unique visitors this month! Woo hooo!
Thank you for all my readers who tolerate my sometimes bitchy and often quirky anecdotes. This would be my last post in 2010. I will be busy gearing up for a flurry of new restaurants and promotions for 2011. That’s a lie, I will be attending dinners and parties every day till the end of the month.
Side Tip: A handful of restaurants already have their 2011 Dineout Menu up on their sites.
Food Persuasion Restaurants Best in Show
Best in Show..
Kitsilano Daily Kitchen – Orgasm in my mouth that lingers forever, I can’t stop thinking of it.
Corner Suite Bistro – For their encyclopedic drink menu.
Best for Dates..
The Diamond – the space is so quaint and comfortable
Nook – relaxed with a hospitable atmosphere
Twisted Fork – $8 for a Pound of Mussels
Joe Fortes – Sweet Lunch Deal
Best in Service..
Salsa & Agave – funny and cute
Fairmont Waterfront Herons – welcoming
And the not so pretty…..
Commune Cafe – Just because your ingredients are local and organic does not give you an excuse to continually serve bland dishes
Preston – Dry and undercooked pasta that reminded me of tree bark
Don Guacamole’s – Tried to mask the crappiness by adding salsa from the chips and lemon from our water. The crappy still pulled through
Gotham’s Steakhouse and Bar – “Underwhelming Piece of Cow”
Have a great holiday filled with delicious plates and fabulous wines, paired with plenty friends that will make you laugh till you choke and cry!
That’s all folks see you in 2011.