You ready for summer patio season?
Here is a list of a few of my favorite patios in Vancouver. In addition to my old favorites I have added a few new patios.
1. #PopUpPatio at The Westin Grand – Above the bustling intersection of Homer and Robson is the sun-drenched poolside terrace of The Westin Grand, Vancouver. Once again this space has been transformed into the #PopUpPatio, a bustling rooftop patio lounge open Thursday and Friday evenings.
2. The Beach House – Stunning views, right on the beach and in West Vancouver.
3. Cactus Club Coal Harbour – Their 200 seat patio will be opened very soon. The wrap around patio has a gorgeous view of our harbour. I took a peak and this is going to be a very busy spot, the wait was 45 minutes for a table indoors at 2PM, so come early. I’m not a huge fan of chain restaurants but, who can deny Cactus Clubs are located at Vancouver’s sweetest real estate.
4. Tap & Barrel –To be opened this summer right across from Cactus Club Coal Harbour. Still in construction. In the meantime enjoy their first location in the Olympic Village
5. Black and Blue Rooftop Patio
Black and Blue’s rooftop patio opens April 25
6. Local Public Eatery patio, situated right across Kitsilano beach is a popular place for sun worshipers and locals. It’s fun and I believe they still have the sangria’ specials.
7. Another Ktisilano patio is right on the beach, The Boathouse.
Patio’s in Granville Island will give you an undisturbed view of our harbor. Very popular tourist destination
11. Chill Winston, is still one of my go to patio’s. The vibe is fun and the patio is street level and people watching is one of my favourite pastimes. The largest patio in Gastown.
13. The Keg in Yaletown rooftop patio and lounge is chic.
14. Another place for good seafood and a gorgeous rooftop garden patio is at Joe Fortes
Reflections rooftop lounge patio on the 4th floor of Hotel Georgia is one of the more swank patio’s downtown. Reminds me of Las Vegas, you can check out my review. Reflections has corporate atmosphere that turns into a meat market for brokers later in the evening.
17. The Mill, situated on the Coal Harbour’s seawall is a very popular spot for tourists and locals. The only negative, I found was their small drink menu. How can you not have mojito’s or sangria’s if you have a patio??
18. Mahoney and Sons Coal Harbour has undisturbed and expansive views of the harbor. It is an irish bar known popular amongst tourists and the after work crowd.
20. Thierry not because it’s the nicest patio but because they serve dessert. As far as desert places goes Theirry has the nicest patio. Check out my review of Thierry
21. Beachside Forno, in West Vancouver Ambleside beach. Overlooking the harbour and the parking lot.
22. Vancouver Art Gallery Patio