One-Stop Holiday Shopping, Festive Cooking, and ‘Pet Santa’ at 6th West Coast Christmas Show & Marketplace
West Coast Christmas Show & Marketplace Nov 22 – 24, 2013
Anna Olson Headlines Home for the Holidays Stage
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada – One of Western Canada’s largest holiday season shows, the West Coast Christmas Show & Marketplace returns for its sixth year on November 22, 23, and 24, 2013 at the TRADEX Trade and Exhibition Centre in Abbotsford, B.C. The West Coast Christmas Show brings together unique gifts by artisans and commercial brands, holiday-related food, personal services, and festive seminars and workshops to help attendees prepare for and celebrate the holiday season. Food Network Canada’s Anna Olson will be on the Home for the Holidays Stage to show visitors how to make dishes that will wow your Christmas dinner table.
Nearly two hundred businesses will offer one-of-a-kind products. Visitors can identify items made by artisan crafters by looking for the “Select Artisan” signs at the show. Some of the expected popular items and companies this year follow below.
For the wardrobe:
- Creampuff by GG girlie boxer shorts and sleepwear for women
- One Leaf Creations handmade leather bags
- The Travelling Cardigan by Bethany Rae Clothing
- Treats Designs’ Tagua Collection
For the home:
- Clayfun Creations’ handmade clay ornaments and figurines
- Buckwheat hull pillows and other products by Kuseno Comfort Products
- NobleWalters creative gifts: Tea towels, Henry’s Zoo animals, and JayDot Creative Cards
For your table:
- Cooking Essence olive oils, balsamic vinegars, sea salt, and tapenades
- Flavors of the Med spice blends
- Mr. Mom’s World butter tarts, bread pudding, shortbreads, perogies, cabbage rolls, beverages, and more
- Sweet Thea Cakes & Traditional Honeybread Cookies by Renata
- Tea Sparrow subscription based Tea Box of 4 premium loose leaf teas monthly
- Trugs Gourmet Foods’ Hidden Garden Foods: Gluten-free cookies with hidden vegetables
For the family:
- Allegra Toys’ Squap
- Craftworks Society handmade gifts made with care by adults with disabilities
- SongswithMyName.com personalized CDs for children
New for this year, Santa will be available for photos with visitors and their pets. Network for Animals will provide professionally taken photos and 100% of donations will go to back to the organization. Pets (not including snakes or reptiles) may only come in for photos and then must be removed from the venue due to health regulations. For photo hours, please click here. For more information on Network for Animals, visit network4animals.com.
Other returning traditions of the show include the musical Sounds of the Holidays Stage, on which many Fraser Valley schools will participate, and the Festival of Trees, created by local charitable organizations competing for a cash prize. The Fraser Valley G Scale and friends will display their steam-operated model train, and the Fraser Valley Model Club will showcase models made by their members. Children ages 8 and older will be introduced to model making as a hands-on hobby by participating in make and take sessions, making airplanes and cars such as the Hummer, Corvette, and Lamborghini.
Also returning are the popular Dairy Farmers of Canada Cheese Seminars, where visitors sample a variety of cheeses from across Canada. 99 Nursery & Florist will be on site to provide plant & poinsettia baskets and other seasonal home décor items.
Tickets are $6 at the door or $5 for adults online. Admission is free for children 16 and under. For tickets and more information, visit westcoastchristmasshow.com.
Friday, November 22, 11am-9pm
Saturday, November 23, 10am – 6pm
Sunday, November 24, 10am – 5pm
TRADEX Address: 1190 Cornell Street, Abbotsford, BC
CC: Press Release